Monday, October 10, 2005

Tropic Alice-land

So yes, two posts in one day because I didn't have the chance to update yesterday. So yes, this one will be shorter then the previous because internet access doesn't grow on trees. And I'd like to get out of this cafe and check out Warsaw.

After the aforementioned glut of Polish food mostly still sitting in my stomach, I thought it would be a good idea to begin yesterday's dining with Indian food. Which was not a bad idea at all. 1) The last time I saw Polish Alice was in D.C. over Indian food. 2) While delicious, the food in Poland or the rest of Europe for that matter is NOT spicy enough. And 3) I was curious to see how Indian food would taste in one of the first countries I have EVER been to where there don't seem to be any Indian people. Quite good. And spicy.

Lunch was followed by a walk to St. Anne's cathedral, featuring the largest alterpiece in the world (I think?)

Saw some some street performers, including an old guy with a Glen Danzig hairstyle playing what looked like a large harp.

Walked around in circles.

At the last minute bought a train ticket to Warsaw. First several hour train I've been on where I didn't have a seat. We spent the time standing or sitting on the train floor, but it really wasn't so bad. Unlike the other train I took in Poland which was disgusting, this one was on the same quality level as western Europe. I think it may have ultimately been heading for Berlin, where I go in just a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home